AfricaHacks partnered with StemHub Foundation for the third time to offer another FREE Masterclass, but this time, on Data Analytics and Visualization with R Studio and Tableau
The third edition of the Tech series Masterclass which took place on Saturday,30th May 2020 had two speakers in attendance, Mrs. Mariam Adeyemi who is a Financial Analyst and Founder of TechaVilly, Mrs. Omotoyosi Ogunbanwo, a Data Analyst who is currently working at Cisco and is the also the co-founder of TechaVilly. Techavilly is an online hub for tech Professionals.
Both speakers gave indepth, real-time practical session on Data Analytics and Data Visualization.
This event from the series had its largest attendance yet showing the need to bring knowledge about Data Visualization to the tech space in Africa. It was an all-hand practical 3-hour session with young black developers across Africa
The aim of this international tech session is to ensure that the black tech community both in Nigeria, Canada, and other countries gets to benefit from the growth happening for black people in tech. The session also aligns with one of the goals of AfricaHacks which is to create or facilitate learning resources for those in our TechSpace. This session had about 220 participants in attendance during the Google Hangouts session.
The event began with Dr. Olubabamiji Adeola doing a recap on the previous Masterclass Session and why it is important that the participants participate actively in the masterclass so as to fully be able to apply the skills they have learned.
The first session at the Data Analytics and Data Visualization Masterclass involved Mariam Adeyemi put us through an introduction to Data Analytics and other pivotal description and tools used For Data Analytics such as:
- Different types of Data Analytics
- How Data Analytics is being used in Different Industries and Sector
- Tools used for Data Analytics such as Python, excel, R, and SPSS, Tableau.
- Introduction R programming language, installation and setup of R programming Language for Data Analysis
- Different data Visualizations that can be used in R studio and working with some examples.
Omotoyosi Ogunbanwo put the participants through using Tableau for Data Visualization during the Data Analytics and Data Visualization Masterclass by:
- Installation of Tableau Public.
- Introducing the participants to Tableau environment for Data Visualization
- Providing a walkthrough on how to use data visualization in Tableau with Different examples.
This session was the third arm of the Tech series marathon. The next session is on 6th June 2020.
The Tech Skill Acquisition Masterclass series continues Every Saturday at 5 pm WAT for 2 weeks. For more information about this series,